by Christoph Busel, HTL Rankweil
A teacher at a technical college shared his documentation for his quartz crystal lesson. In this documentation you can see the theory and the practical measurement with a Vector Network Analyzer.
Where is quartz used in modern electronics? What do you think is the reason quartz is used so often?
Quartz is used in electronic circuits to get a high accuracy time standard. Accuracy you need in clocks, computers, controllers, game boys, toys and many more.
After this lesson, you can answer the following questions:
- What is the serial resonance?
- What is the parallel resonance?
- What is the anti-resonance?
- How does the Q range of quartz compare to a RLC resonance circuit?
- Why is the quartz frequency 32.768KHz so popular?
- For details on this application, download the complete manual.
If you want to share an application with our Internet community, please send us your document to email@example.com
Measuring equivalent circuit of quartz crystal with Bode 100.pdf